Re: TNT server for slink?

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Stephen Kennedy wrote:

> Hi, I've got some slink cds to install, but it doesnt seem to support the
> TNT
> I dont want to upgrade to potato as the machine isnt networked and upgrades
> would be tricky.

 You can just download the SVGA server from XFree86 3.3.3.1 at
www.xfree86.org and replace the one from slink. I just installed a TNT on
Tuesday, replacing my old S3 card. It worked just fine the first time.

> Has anybody got a TNT working under slink. Perhaps its just a case of
> compiling the potato xfress86 package?

 That would be the Debian way of doing it, but the impression I've gotten
is that the Debian X package maintainer is doing some major reworking and
it's best to wait until updated packaged are available.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
                 - Anonymous' restatement of Clarke