Re: zip and unzip not installed

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Patrick Kirk wrote:

[snip]
> What command can I use to get the zip, unzip, and rpm tools
> including alien from a folder called /cdrom/debian/stable/i386?

Patrick

Are you sure these are really zip'ed?

To answer your specific question: you have to look in Contents or
perhaps a gzipped version of Contents to find where a file is. On
my machine, I find zip and unzip, and look for zip and unzip in
this manner.

$cd /var/local/debian/dists/slink/
$zgrep usr/bin/unzip Contents-i386.gz
usr/bin/unzip
non-free/utils/unzip
usr/bin/unzipsfx
non-free/utils/unzip
$
$zgrep usr/bin/zip Contents-i386.gz
usr/bin/zip
non-free/utils/zip
usr/bin/zipgrep
non-free/utils/unzip
usr/bin/zipinfo
non-free/utils/unzip
usr/bin/zipnote
non-free/utils/zip
usr/bin/zipsplit
non-free/utils/zip
$

Hope this helps
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
 		 (Hope this qualifies;)