Re: Display issues

Just to make sure I understand, you mean I need to,
   1) run startx (which for me launches fvwm)
   2) start xterm from within fvwm
   3) open the hidden file $HOME/.xinitrc and edit the xterm line
   4) then try to run the X programs from within fvwm?

I was hoping to avoid using fvwm because it takes so long to load on a 486,
let alone launch another program within fvwm.  I waited a half an hour for
a game to load -- don't want to do that again...

Is there a way to launch x programs work from the command line instead?

Andre
p.s. I don't have a $HOME/.xinitrc nor a /usr/.xinitrc

=====