Re: libc6-2.1.1 ... safe to install?

----- Original Message -----
From: John T. Croteau <johnc@geekopolis.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 1999 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: libc6-2.1.1 ... safe to install?

> I am going to stick with 2.0.7 until gnu makes 2.1 available again.  I
> just love "political" issues.
>
> - JT

tis true, it seems to be a huge issue though i can't see why. what i don't
get is why, if someone insists on using packages made for an entirely
different system (potato packages on slink, for instance), they would
complain that things break? i haven't had any packages break, but that is
because i am using potato and the proper packages and libs for it. mix and
match doesn't work for me. if someone is happy with slink, it's my opinion
that if they wanted to be safe they'd stick with slink dists, or go all the
way like i did in the other direction. upgrading slink to potato? bah! more
trouble than it's worth. as i keep saying, easier to just reinstall the
entire system than to deal with THAT mess. <grin> after all, if you're going
to use something unstable, you might as well start out with it in its best
possible state, yes? perhaps i'm just a perfectionist....