Re: Help with apt

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Wayne Topa wrote:

> Dselect ? Do people 'still' use that?

Not so much dselect, but dpkg yes.  I have a dialup connection and
sometimes I download a package over more than one dialup session, save it
in a directory and install it with dpkg.

I have tried apt, but could not get it to install a package from a
directory on my hard disk - which is frustrating.  It seems to me apt is
looking for the same directory structure that the debian mirrors have and
I am not going to mirror the whole structure on my hard disk.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do
      not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines
      those he loves, as a father the son he delights in."
                                       Proverbs 3:11,12