Re: help on configring smail

>> "SZ" == Shao Zhang <shao@linuxfreak.com> writes:

SZ> Some sites do a smtp look up and I cannot send mails to these
SZ> sites because my local domain name is not qualified. How do I fix
SZ> this?? By putting a qualified domain name does not fix the
SZ> problem.

You didn't say what your hostname is. What is the output of hostname
--fqdn ?

The message that generated this error:

What was the content of the From: header and the To: header?

Who is virge@linuxfreak.com and <s2193893@virge> ?

YOu can try to set visible_name=linuxfreak.com into the smail
config. And you may try out the header rewriting mentioned in
http://www.debian.org/fom/137.html

Ciao,
	Martin