Any danger in dselecting emacs packages?

I've been reading a lot online that emacs takes up a lot of space and
sometimes causes strange things to happen on the screen and within debian's
setup. One online message jokingly hinted that maybe microsoft created
emacs due to the multiple issues that occur when running emacs.

I plan on networking my pc & linux as well as play games, play music
software, run perl scripts remotely, and run a pbtv card in the system.
With that in mind, do you know if there any dangers in me running dselect
on emacs packages? Are there any disadvantages to not having emacs
installed in my system?

Thanks!

Andre'