Help on getting libc6 working !

Hi,

 I'm unable to get my linux box working cause I'd broken glibc2.1 !
 I'd an older rescue disk (Debian 1.3) and I can mount my linux box
meanwhile I also have lastest libc6-2.1 package on it but i'm unable to
get dpkg working ! :(

 Is there any good rescue disk or what should I do ?

 Thanks.

 Regards,
   Nuno

P.S. Wouldn't be nice to have some libc (static !?) working for this
situations ? Machine just don't work.
        I think this is a stupid situation ... or maybe I did a stupid
thing ... but if I didn't had windowze installed I was unable even to
send this email ! :(