Re: (KLUDGED) Re: home compiled sysutils has broken dependency

> >     I compiled sysutils myself because procinfo complains that it needs to
> > be compiled to display all IRQs.  I unpacked the debian source file and
> > used debian/rules binary to make a binary.  When I installed the .deb using
> > dpkg (which happens without complaint and the programs work), apt-get starts
> > complaining about broken dependencies.  What am I doing wrong?
>  2) hack
>  /var/state/apt/lists/ftp.mirror.aarnet.edu.au_pub_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
>  to show a dependency on the versions of libc6 and libncurses4 that I have.
>
>  Any other ideas?

1) Let apt-get's source.list point to stable
2) Download whatever packages you need and install with dpkg -i
3) If you compile packages yourself, change the control file
($SRC/debian/control) so that it doesn't depend on something you don't want
to upgrade

--
Andrew Chung                    ac111@cornell.edu
See http://anderoo.dhs.org/~anderoo/pgp.html for PGP key

It's a sin only if you dwell on the what ifs and the but ifs