hebrew keboard mapping and XKEYBOARD (writing hebrew letters)

I need the ability to write hebrew letters under aplications (such as
netscape). it doesn't neceserily need to be in the right direction.
under hebrew vim i can write hebrew without a problem.
I tried to remap the keboard in order to use hebrew letters under xterm
and netscape etc. The problem is that I can't find how to make scroll
lock perform as mode-lock (mode lock doesn't exist). Also after
remaping when i try to print the hebrew letters it just does nothing
(doesn't print anything) while on unmaped letters i get the letter
while pressing mode-switch, and on letters that were remaped to english
letters i get the remaped letter.
I am using a hebrew font.
Any idea's ?