Re: where can I get hamm packages?

In article <cistron.19990508193945.9F4563192F@mail.wa.freei.net>,
Jeremy C.Reed <reed@wcug.wwu.edu> wrote:
>I am running hamm but I don't have the cd; I do have the slink cds.
>Where can I download hamm's apt-get so I can upgrade to slink?

The 2 things that the apt from slink depends on that are not in
hamm are libc6 (>= 2.0.7u) and libstdc++2.9

libstdc++2.9 you can install from the slink CD without any problems.
You cannot install the libc6 from the slink CD just like that without
running into all kinds of dependency problems, but luckily apt doesn't
really need (>= 2.0.7u), so you can use dpkg -i --force-depends apt_0.1.9.deb
and it will work.

Yep I've upgraded quite a few hamm systems to slink with just the
slink CD :)

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?