Re: bash functions

William R Pentney wrote:
>However, the "less" command is more powerful - it lets you move back and
>forth through the file, search it, etc:
>
>Type "man less" for more info.

I must have installed something incorrectly because 'man less' says:
 "can't open the manpath configuration file /etc/manpath.config"

When I 'cd /etc' and then type ls manpath.*, it shows manpath.config.dpkg-new
I'm guessing this means the installation was interrupted or is this the
same as  manpath.config just with extra extensions but am not sure(?).

Also, less isn't in my system. I type less and get:
 bash: less: command not found

Andre'