Re: 8 Newbie Questions

>> If you really really really need something that aint packaged for
>> debian please say so. Probally others needs it as well.
>
>Ummmm ... not true. I've come across a lot of software I'd like that isn't
>in .deb packages anywhere - or the packages are poorly maintained, like
>the KDE ones. Am I just not looking hard enough?

Thanks Bill for the perspective. Since I don't know much about RPM's and
the like that after the last comment I thought maybe I'm gonna be stuck
with the ability only to use apps found at www.debian.org  I'm glad that's
not the case because that would defeat the purpose of opensource software.

Maybe he meant that the files found to be most reliable and require least
compiling with debian are found at debian.org

Thanks again.

Andre'