Frame buffer's stuck

Hi,

I tried to start with frame buffer, my ATI Rage Fury (cpu Rage 128 GL) is not
supported by Linux.
I setted everithing as the differents HOWTOz & other .txt said, but when I make
"startx", xinit is launched (ok),
but "Xvfb -screen 0 1024x768x16" (wich is the mode under I work, saying 0x0317
to the "vga=ask" of lilo) stay stuck!
I must make a ctrl-c to recover the hand on the console.
Help me, I'm a newbie and I spent the whole week trying to make it work!

Thanks in advance
--
Jean-Yves BARBIER
	jybarbier@wanadoo.fr