Diagnostic message with Netscape 4.51 and Hamm

G'Day,

I'm currently still running hamm, and I've installed Netscape 4.51
using the installer package (4.0-12).  When I try to compose a new
message in Messenger, I get a subprocess diagnostic dialog box
pop up that says "Warning: Type conversion failed" and repeats it
twice.

Also, I can't use the backspace key on the To:/CC: line... I have
to use ^H.  Backspace is fine on the subject line and body.

Could the two be related?  Any pointers as to what to try would
be appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Snoopy
For Sale:  Parachute.  Only used once.  Never opened.  Small stain.