3D Card

did someone know what kind of 3D card company, is really making the job
to porting their hardware to Linux, especialy OpenGL ?

I tried to found this on the web but no way to know the true :
        ATI says they don't open their hardware to 3-party
        3dfx says they are thinking to port voodoo3 because game
        nvidia I don't found any information

I have to buy a computer next week and need to make a quick choice.

If someone can help me, I'll be able to sleep before 7 days.-)

thanks.