booting with NT bootloader fails

Hi,
	I'm trying to make Linux bootable from a scsi harddrive using NT
bootloader.  I'm reasonably used to lilo, though far from understanding all
the intricacies of the process.  I've also read the Linux+NT HOWTO and think
I have followed it appropriately.

	After choosing Linux from the NT boot menu, the kernel is found and
hardware detection begins, but when it comes time to mount the / partition,
I get the following panic message:

---------------
Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount the root from 08:06

08:06 is /dev/sda6 which is the root partition.  I think it is not finding
the drive, because during scsi detection, just before attempting to mount /,
is the message "SCSI: 0 hosts detected total".  I know the kernel is aware
of the the drive though, because I can boot from a floppy no problem and
mount all the necessary partitions from sda.

	Any ideas what might be the problem ?

	Thanks,

	Gerald