How to check the amount of free disk space?

Hi,

This is probably a very stupid question, but I haven't been able to find the answer to it myself. In DOS it was very easy to check the amount of free disk space, just type dir and the amount of free disk space is shown at the bottom of the list. Now I have installed Debian on a 850 MB disk and I realy have no idea of how much free disk space I have.

What command do I need to use to find out how much free disk space I have left?

TIA,

Robert-Jan