RE: IDE for JAVA

I've been testing out a couple of JAVA and JAVA/C++ IDEs lately, So far I
have Tried Elixir IDE, Simplicity IDE and Wipeout. I have downloaded
NetBeans but it's was the .pl auto installer and I have got that to compile
yet. Of the three Simplicity is the coolest. It like Visual C++ by M$, it
writes code and all the cool stuff, but it cost $150. You can download it
for free and test it out, it just doesn't save anything. It's worth the
$150, but I have broken down and bought my first Commercial Linux App.

I'm using ElixirIDE the most, Totally JAVA. It generates some code like the
main and class statements and some comments, but nothing fancy. It for
hardcore programmers that like to get down into the code. I only been using
it a week, so It may generate more code but I have found all the tricks yet.
I like it the best.

Wipeout looks cool. I can't figure out how you compile programs using it,
but it was free and easy to install.

All of these were .tars or .zip no .debs, but I see someone says a rpm
exists of netbeans, I have to check that out.

Links to all these are a JAVA-Linux http://www.blackdown.org/ . Check it
out!

Rod....