prc-tools and C++

I'm dinking around with pilot developement and would _love_ to do that
dinking in c++.  Unfortunately, trying to compile a trivial c++ app with
the prc-tools compiler doesn't do so well...

| >m68k-palmos-coff-gcc main.cpp
|m68k-palmos-coff-gcc: installation problem, cannot exec cc1plus: No such
|file or directory

I get similar results with the windows port, but thats irrelevant.

I have seen people talk about doing this on the pilot.programming groups
and I think I can recompile up that particular package and get it working
by hand, but first I want to ask "is it already available in potato?".

And I guess that is a good generalized question: Using a straight 2.1
install, how can I peruse information about packages in unstable verses
packages in stable?

If anyone out there has set up a good developement environment for the
pilot using C/C++ (linux or win32), I would love to hear about it!

Thanks!
-Jonathan (jjlupa@jamdata.net)

REFERENCE : Running Slink 2.1r1, using apt through dselect, ftp information
in apt is only pointing to stable, kernel2.0.36, nothing fancy.