Re: How to build socks5 for Debian?

Marc Haber wrote:

> On Tue, 4 May 1999 15:04:25 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
> >wrt no extant packages:
> >Read the license - not very nice...  you might
> >take a peek at DANTE (free socks4/5 client/server)
>
> I surely will.
>
> >wrt it not working:
> >ah... you're on potato...
>
> Nope. Slink.

Hmmm, are you sure then that you don't have the debian socks4 client package installed
and you're getting the socks4 version of runsocks?

I've been running socks5 (built on my own) for some time with no trouble (yup, I use
runsocks too).

> >runsocks works fine on glibc-2.0(slink), but fails with
> >glibc-2.1(potato).
>
> I can't confirm that.
>
> >Note that you can use NEC socks to socksify, at compilation,
> >and it will run fine on potato, its just runsocks that fails.
>
> Does DANTE have a runsocks equivalent? I need to socksify some clients
> sometimes but not every time. Slamming runsocks in front of the
> command line seems strikingly convenient.

Indeed runsocks is convenient!

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com