Re: finding and using applications

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Tommy Malloy wrote:

I agree with this one. Now and then I will install a package in which none
of the binaries have the same name as the package, and there is no manpage
available, so I have to hunt for the application's _name_. It makes one
feel very silly, and can be quite frustrating.

I think that dselect could use an additional tool to navigate through the
contents of packages. I realize that there is a "dpkg -l" option, but
there must be a better way.

- Bill