Re: error 550 not a plain file (NEWBIE ?)

In article <7giu50$210$1@newsource.ihug.co.nz> you wrote:
: I've got debian as far as my first boot but can't get dselect to install my
: packages via ftp and am not too keen on the alternatives. It connects to the
: site but returns the message 'not a plain file' when attempting to open
: 'Packages.gz'. Any help would be realy appreciated.

Try using another server.  Also if your going to ftp, might as well
use apt, it's far nicer and will take many different locations to
build the package listing.

--
       Dan Nguyen          | It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
    nguyend7@msu.edu       | everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.