Re: eth0, etc..

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 09:39:04PM -0400, Richard Miles wrote:
> I have apparently lost my /dev/eth0, /dev/eth1 etc... files during a kernel
> recompile. How do I get them back?

eth# aren't devices as in /dev/eth0, they're network interfaces.
Something changed in your new kernel, ie you forgot to compile in
networking support, ethernet, your card, whatever.  Fix this and you
will have working networking.  Those devices, however, don't exist --
there's no such thing as /dev/eth0.

--
Ian Peters		"I never let schooling interfere with my education."
itp@gnu.org					-- Mark Twain