nis don´t work properly

 ( I posted this letter yesterday, and it didn´t make it
to the list, so I´m trying again, if is not my intention
to flood this list)

I have been trying for a whole day to get nis to work, but it will not. I
have a minimal LAN with two computers. They both are running slink; the
server has been upgraded from hamm (2.0).

 I have managed to make ypcat work, it is also possible to finger. But
when I try to login on the nis-client with my user pow the xconsole window
tells me:

 May  1 17:06:21 lazy login[571]: no shadow password for `pow' on `ttyp2'
 May  1 17:06:23 lazy login[571]: invalid password for `pow' on `ttyp2'

 I have no idea why, I have tried many things. On the nis-server in
/var/yp I have done 'make' 'make passwd' 'make group' 'make shadow'
'make', I still don´t get it to work.

When I was ready to give up I changed the password for pow on the
nis-client with yppasswd, then it worked, and I could change it on to
server to with out any problems. But that isn´t necessary in a working
system, is it?
 I have added +:::::: in passwd, +:::::::: in shadow and +::: in group and
in /var/yp/nicknames I´ve added 'shadow   shadow.byname', just in case. I
have done Somme on both the nis-client and the nis-server.

 If I restart the nis-server the console on the nis-client print out this
message:
 May  1 18:42:27 lazy icmplogd: destination unreachable from
supreme.pow.com [192.0.0.7]
 I don't know why, after all ypcat works, as well as finger.

 The nis-client name is lazy and the server is supreme (but right now I
don´t think that it is so very great).

--
  And I know that there  are people in this
  world who do not love their fellow human