Re: cut & paste using mouse

On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 08:29:28PM -0800, mao jud wrote:
> hi all !
>   i would like to know what special tricks i need to do so that i can
> convince my mouse device to do copy, cut, paste for me while in X.  also, i
> remember in my slackware days that by highlighting some text (click & drag)
> is already like copying, and right clicking will act as pasting.
>   any help (or pointers to the right HOWTO's to read) will be very much
> appreciated.
> thanks,
> mao

click and drag left button	-> cut highlighted text
double click left button	-> cut "word"
triple click left button	-> cut "line"

middle button	-> paste

click left and click right	-> cut region

Just curious, since I'm thinking about moving from my current
Slackware 3.3 to Debian 2.1.   Why did you switch to Debian?

William Park