Re: Win32 utilities for Debian

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Randy Edwards wrote:

> #1 A decent telnet program that handles screen redraws properly.  It seems
> that Windows' native telnet program doesn't do such a great job, and I'm
> looking for something that will handle keyboard sequences nicely and will
> redraw my NetHack screens properly. :-)

Search on your favorite engine for a program called "ewan"  There's a
win16 version anyway, I believe a win32 as well... I use it because it
sends keystrokes properly!  A big plus.

> #2 A ssh client for Windows.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows of one.

> #3 An X server for Windows.  Right now I'm using the MI/X server, which is
> okay, but it does seem to die on some programs and can be a little cumbersome
> to use.

That's what I used for a while.  I think it's the best free one.  There
was another but I can't remember the name.  Now I have inherrited an old
version of eXceed which is nice... there's my advice.  Get someone to
donate eXceed to your cause.  Good luck, though.

Good luck!

-Dano