RE: Kernel: Unable to load interpreter

Shaleh -

I do not recall enabling either -- I don't even know what "misc binary"
support would mean.  How can I check?  Anyway, let me describe what's
happening in more detail:

The machine is a P-166 w/ not a lot of RAM (16 MB) and Debian 2.0 is the
only OS on the hard drive.  I think I installed the base system from
floppies, and everything else via FTP.

The only thing I'm really running on it, besides the basics, is Apache
1.3.3 with PHP3 and the MySQL client stuff.  I'm suspicious that there
might be something pertaining to either apache or PHP or both that may be
somehow triggering the problems, but it's uncertain, as I haven't been the
only person using the computer lately.

I've looked in the log files and all I see are messages pertaining to the
error itself -- I don't see anything that would seem to indicate a cause.

Any suggestions for how to proceed?

Chris

At 02:47 PM 2/17/99 -0500, you wrote:

>On 17-Feb-99 Chris Kaltwasser wrote:
>> Does someone know the meaning of this message?  I've got a machine running
>> hamm that's been doing this fairly often the past couple of days.  The hard
>> drive starts thrashing, and just about everything I try to do becomes
>> impossible.  Just now I had to do a hardware restart, which gets it working
>> "normally" again.  Could this be a problem with the kernel image or
>> something like that?
>>

>Initial guess would be you enabled either misc binary support or java
support.
>It is trying to find the interpreter and becomes unhappy.
>
>If I am wrong, we need more info.

Chris Kaltwasser                    chris@vote-smart.org
Director of Online Services           Project Vote Smart
Office: (541) 737-0747               FAX: (541) 737-3701

            1-888-VOTE SMART (1-888-868-3762)

                http://www.Vote-Smart.org