Re: [Fwd: Help. Trying to upgrade to hamm 2.0.36]

Tor Slettnes wrote (if this wasn't you, I apologize. Just trying to trim
down the message a bit):

> Also, instead of doing all those steps listed below manually, try
> using the 'make-kpkg' Debian utility.  ("man make-kpkg" for details).
> If you do not have it, it is in the 'kernel-package' Debian package.
>
> To build a kernel image, go to a kernel top-level directory, and type
> something like:
>
>      # make xconfig

That's a nice shortcut :)

They didn't have that on the SuSE dist, but then again there were a few
other thing they didn't have. That's why I'm using Debian now.

I'm off to read that man page.

---
                                  __   _
Mark Wagnon                  -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
Chula Vista, CA              /\\/ /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /
mailto:mwagnon@ixpres.com   _\_v____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\