loadlin...

In an effort to avoid dealing with floppies, I tried following the install
instructions for using loadinlin after dl the appropriate file to MS DOS
partition. However, I am still having trouble, however, the trouble seems to
be different then the trouble I was having with the kernel on the 2.0 cd.

When loadlin launches linux, things seem to go along OK, until I get this
message:

Partition check:
 hda hda1 hda2 < hda5 hda6 hda7 hda8 hda9 >
VFS: Cannot open root device 08:02
Kernel panic VFS: Unable to mount root rs on 08:02

If someone could explain the meaning of this message I'd appreciate it.
Note: I have / partition at hda6 already configured.

Thanks
S.