Re: Find

Michael Stenner:
> as I said, the behavior you want is handled by the specific program, not
> the OS. It just so happens that most programs in Windows use the same
> key ("ctrl-f") and look the same.  I think most good programs in linux
> will have a search behavior, but will just have different keys.

A lot of programs use "/" (slash) for this. Of those programs, all except
dselect have `find again' invoked by "slash enter" (ie leave the search
blank).

Most of the exceptions to the slash are programs that are expecting you to
type in text, and take the slash to be just something you're typing in.

Don't know why dselect is an exception for find again, but it's a an
exception for lots of UI things, so maybe it's just dselect...

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently