CVS Version: 1.9.29-1 breaks wrappers?

Hi,

I just upgraded my system from cvs 1.9.26 to 1.9.29 and now
get this message:

  cvs checkout CVSROOT/modules
  cvs [checkout aborted]: -t/-f wrappers not supported by this
                           version of CVS

Does anybody know what gives?  The html docs still have the
-t/-f wrapper stuff but it says something about not working
with client/server CVS:

   The file `cvswrappers' defines the script that will be run on a
   file when its name matches a regular expresion. There are two
   scripts that can be run on a file or directory. One script is
   executed on the file/directory before being checked into the
   repository (this is denoted with the -t flag) and the other when
   the file is checked out of the repository (this is denoted with
   the -f flag). The `-t'/`-f' feature does not work with
   client/server CVS.                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I guess I must have a client/server cvs?  I am running it locally
on the machine that hosts the repository.  Is there any
substitute for wrappers?  Should I file a bug report.

For now I have removed the wrapper commands.

thanks,
Stuart