Re: slink and libc6

At 12:28 AM 2/12/1999 -0500, MallarJ@aol.com wrote:
>A few days ago I mentioned that I have been having problems installing slink
>because libc6 was giving me inconsistencies.  I still don't know what the
>problem was, but I have a feeling it had something to do with dpkg.  When I
>switched to the dpkg-apt method, everything went smoothly.
>
>After finally figuring out how to use apt-get and the dpkg-apt method, all I
>can say is - if you haven't used it yet - now's the time to learn.  It's
>wonderful.
>
>-Jay

Apparently some of the packages in slink need libc6 > 7.u but the version
of libc6 with slink is 7.t+1. At least this seems to be the problem I'm
experiencing.

And I still hate dselect. (And I'm not too fond of apt yet; I keep getting
the uninformative message "E: Internal error", whatever that means. But
I'll eventually iron it out.)