Re: Installing Sound Card

> Next get into the /usr/src/linux dir and type make xconfig.
> Then do each of these:
> click on Sound
> click y for Sound card support
> click y for Sound Blaster (SB, SBPro, SB16, clones) support
> scroll down a little ways
> click y for /dev/dsp and /dev/audio support
> click y for MIDI interface support
> click y for FM systhesizer (YM3812/OPL-3) support
> enter your I/O base address for I/O base for SB...    [I entered 220]

This value here is the first IO base that you get in Windows/Resources
window for your sound card. The second IO base value will work for MPU401.

> enter yor IRQ for Sound Blaster IRQ...                [5]

Err...be careful here. IRQ5 seems to be a very desired IRQ, and many
things tend to
grab it. I know on my machine, in Windows, it was conflicting with NIC,
and in Lin. I have my PnP modem on irq5. So, make sure first by
cat /proc/interrupts
that you don't have an IRQ taken already.

> enter your DMA for Sound Blaster DMA...               [1]
> enter other DMA for Sound Blaster 16 bit DMA...       [1]***

Windows tell you the second DMA.

> enter your MPU for MPU401 I/O base...                 [330]***

Put the second IO range that you get from Windows here.

> enter -1 for SB MPU401 IRQ...                         [-1]***
> scroll all the way down (leaving all other entries alone)
> enter 65536 for your Audio DMA buffer size
> that's it!
> Save, exit, and recompile and you should be golden!

But I'm wondering what you put in that kernel of yours....1.6M?
Anyway, like Mark pointed out, just click Y for SB support, and such, as
described up there.

And I hope it's not a PnP card either.

Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov