Re: exim and uucp

In article <[🔎] 7AFnSeRtOqB@ntrulez.oche.de> fpage@ntrulez.oche.de wrote:

>Then switched to exim (instead of sendmail), that worked better, I
>received email, got confident again, but configuring a mailer to UUCP is
>more work than I thought.
>
>Now I'm waiting for some good prince to come along and help me with that
>:-) (already posted the question "exim and uucp" here today).

Hmm, couldn't find anything with uucp in the subject, so following up
here.

I have exim and uucp working here. In the main configuration settings:

    trusted_users = mail:uucp
    uucp_from_pattern = "^From ([^ ]+).*remote from (.*)"
    uucp_from_sender = "$1@$2"

You may have to tweak these, depending on what your upstream uucp host
sends.

In the transports configuration:

    uucp:
      driver = pipe
      user = nobody
      command = "/usr/bin/uux -r - $host!rmail ${local_part}"
      return_fail_output = true

In the router configuration, below any routers for e.g. infranets:

    uucphost:
      driver = domainlist
      transport = uucp
      route_list = "* uucphost"

(replace uucphost with the name of your uucp feed)
Maybe you'll have to play with the "driver" and "route_list" entries
in the last stanza, but that's globally what you need.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands