Some progress! More help needed

Hello All:

I have downloaded all the files and made a bootable (rescue) disk.

The current snag in making a partition.
I have 2 hard disk drives, the second one is the one that i want to
partition (set a swap
file). The information is as follows:

                                 cfdisk 0.8j
                           disk drive:/dev/hda
                     Heads 255  sector per track:63   cylinders:623
   Name       Flags     Part type    FS type       [Label]      Size
(MB)
 /dev/hda1     boot     primary     win95fat
4879.12
                                 Pri/Log      free
space                           7.85

I have lot of space on this hard drive, most of the space is back-up
copies of my c drive
What I don't want to do is to accidentally erase all the files i
downloaded from the sites given and start the process all over again.

Any suggestions?