Dual Boot Woes

I recently reinstalled linux and a second drive.  I have debina running
off my second harddisk and windows of the master.  I partitioned and
formated everything with partition magic.  My problem is when windows
has the mbr on the master it boots fine, but if lilo takes over it will
not boot, and m,ount seg faults when trying to mount hda1 on the
harddisk... However the two extended partitions hda5/6 boot fine.....
Does anyone know could be happening?? Is there a problem that the extend
partitions showup as hda5/6 install of hda 3/4?  I only have three
partitions?

Thanks

Philip

I included my lilo.conf

--
PENQUIN-LOVER-CODER ALERT:  ptt@umr.edu
   All windows user please exvacuate the building
         (So I can install a better OS on the comps)
Pass on the GAS get NASM instead.
boot=/dev/hda1
root=/dev/hdb1
install=/boot/boot.b