Re: How to change keyboard shortcuts for characters?

On Friday 27 February 2004 20:09, Michael Graham wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> > IIRC, Danes use æ where Swedes, Norwegians, etc. use ä.  I expect
> > Icelanders probably use æ as well.
>
> And in English: encyclopædia
>
> To get å you can use Multi_key a *  (On my machine Multi_key =
> Shift+AltGr)
>
> You can run
>
> xmodmap -pk | grep Multi_key
>
> To find out which key it is on your machine (as long as you can work out
> which key produced the correct keycode) for instance, mine outputs
>
>     113         0xfe03 (ISO_Level3_Shift)       0xff20 (Multi_key)
>
> And I knew that ISO_Level3_Shift is fancy talk for AltGr. Which reminds
> me Multi_key is sometimes called compose.

It depends on which keyboard you are using. In kde and I assume in other wms
you can set up switchable language keyboards.  I have just experimented with
swedish and found  å on windows-key+[ and æ on altgr+' . I haven't tried it
yet on this machine (thinkpad).

HTH

--
richard