Re: PCL only printer

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 03:03:24PM -0800, Paul Yeatman wrote:
<snip>
> installed the Debian package instead.  Still no dice, however.  I call
> hpijs using the following line in the printcap (using lprng and ifhp):
>
> 	:ifhp=pcl_ps,hpijs
>
> Hpijs clearly seems to provide a driver for an HP deskjet 932C but I
> still can't get it to work as a postscript printer yet.  By the way,
> when I try the 'gs -sDEVICE=hpijs file.ps' command with Debian's
> packaging of hpijs, I get the same error message given in my initial
> message.

Take another look at the /usr/share/doc/hpijs/hpijs_readme.html
Specifically,

    4. Now run the gs -h command, you should see the ijs device name.

I haven't used ifhp, but perhaps all you need is to use the "ijs" driver
(it is /not/ called hpijs).

The readme also shows some examples that may help you troubleshoot the
driver part.

HTH

P.S.  You don't need to CC me.  I am however CC'ing this to you since
you sent it to me.

--

Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.