Re: help

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 02:45:57PM -0600, Anne Wright wrote:
> I had an orchid by my Epson 740 printer ... pollen dropped into it.
> It says paper jam. Think there is a way I can clean it out. I have
> spayed it with CRC Duster and picked out anything that I can see with
> tweezers.  Can I take it apart?

Every printer that I have ever used had some way of opening it up with
at most a screwdriver, usually just thumb and finger twist of a knob,
or press of an unlatch button. Look at user manual. If you've lost it
look at Epson web site for a copy. Don't try to dismantle the printer.
A bag of parts is worth far less than a whole, non-functioning printer.

If there is not actually paper jammed in the printer, but just an error
light indication of a jam, try feeding some paper through it to sweep
things out of the pathway.

Good luck.

--
Paul E Condon