Re: Updating Debian in a very secure way

user list <debian-user@icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> writes:

> I'm not sure I understand the question. Is it that you want only
> security updates? That is, do you wnat ot skip those upgrades that have
> no impact on security?

Yes, but not only! In the former case (upgrading debian distribution) I
only want to use secure updates (that means updates which are believed
to work very stable and fully tested or at least something like this). I
prefer not getting the very latest version instead of a buggy test one.

In the latter case (auto update) I think about what you've already said:
(I don't want to offend the developers) A bit like the update service of
a famous proprietary software company located in Redmond. (And no, I
don't think of Nintendo).

Moritz
--
please sendmail to momo.beller(AT)t-online(DOT)de