Re: X on Sid

When the "upgrade" was done, a small X setup was done, but that set up did not
touch XF86Config-4. So this is probably a good idea. I won't do great
video--then again until I can get a drm-mach64 compiled as a "ko", this issue
is moot.

From the log, it seems you run a heavily configured XF86Config. My
personal experience is usually that this is not always functional. Better
cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.oldie and try a new one,
with either method, like xf86config, XFree86 -configure  xf86cfg or
similar (there is a Debian-one, but I don't remember). This won't do great
video, but should get your X server back up. Then tweak this a bit and off
you go. Usually. So had I this morning to get X back up after the update.