Re: DVD copying and CSS

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 04:21:25PM -0800, Curtis Howland wrote:
> Like civil forfeiture, copyright has been abused. That
> abuse should be resisted by everyone.
> Long live CSS.

Oy.  Listen, dead horse, I'm beating it, but there is a phenomenon in
psychology called "rationalization": I cannot internalize to myself the
possiblility that I might be a bad person, therefore I will define "not
me" as "not good," thus I must be good.

In reality in life the truth is manifold and complex, and all are right
and wrong.  The thing that disturbs me about your position is the "I am
right and I am crusading aspect."

It is important to internalize one's own "wrongness" and own one's own
shadow.  I advocate BEHAVING exactly as you behave but not THINKING as
you think.