Re: Stolen debian logo?

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 07:12:09PM +0000, M. Kirchhoff wrote:
> Patrik Lindahl <ramzeus <at> home.se> writes:
> > I hope this is the right forum for this...
>
> Send a message to the debian-legal list.

The issue with elektrostore.se is well-known in those circles, but it
has been an issue for a couple of years now. Even if we did get our act
together to sue, we'd probably have lost standing to do so by reason of
our delay.

Personally I think we should just stand by our principles and make the
logo more free. Of course, it would be good to use trademark law instead
of copyright law, but a court might rule that our trademark has been
diluted by now ... it's not clear, and IANAL.