Re: How to configure AC97 onboard sound card in Debian/unstable

J.S.Sahambi wrote:
I installed my new system which has onboard AC97 sound card. I tried to install the sound with "sndconfig" but it reports that

The Intel Corp. I82801DB AC'97 Controller is not currently supported.

So how do I make the sound card work? Any pointers?

I have the same sound card, I have setup it from source (on SuSE 8.0)

wget alsa-driver-0.9.6.tar.bz2
./configure --with-sequencer=yes --with-isapnp=yes
make
make install

wget alsa-lib-0.9.6.tar.bz2
/configure
make
make install

wget ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/utils/alsa-utils-0.9.6.tar.bz2
./configure
make
make install

The options for ALSA modules on your system still include snd_ prefix,
which is obsoleted now.  Please fix /etc/modules.conf.
For convenience, you can use utils/module-options script to convert
the snd_ prefix automatically.

There is a WIKI : http://alsa.opensrc.org/

Thanking in advance
JSS