Re: sig dashes munged at master.d.o or Mutt issue?

On Monday 23 February 2004 09:26, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 10:27:42PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Marc Wilson wrote:
> > > Hm, more testing... trailing spaces on any line in the pager are
> > > stripped, not just on sig dashes.  That's annoying.  Not that it's
> > > happening, but that I don't know where the control for it is.
> >
> > It could easily be a ncurses display optimisation..
>
> That's my speculation too, particularly since the selectability of the
> sigdash space in vim varies depending on whether I turn syntax
> highlighting on or off. If it's on, then the foreground colour of the
> three sigdash characters is different from the foreground colour of the
> rest of the line.

Yes, but the anoying part is that the mail client (in my case Kmail) is acting
on the last occurrence only of the sigdashes, so that the footer added by d-u
gets stripped but not the sig.  And by the time the quoted text is copied
into the editor the trailing space is completely stripped.

--
richard