XKB configuration problems

Hello,

I configured XKB in XF86Config-4 this way:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "microsoftpro"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us,ru(winkeys)"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "winkeys"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:menu_switch"
EndSection

But menu key does not switch groups! I tried to do

setxkbmap -option "grp:menu_switch"

and it does activate switching with menu key, but... it only cycles once through groups, i.e. I start in 'us' layout, hit menu, now 'ru' layout is active, hit menu again, back to 'us', hit menu one more time, and surprisingly I am still in 'us'. I can run setxkbmap again, and it will allow me to switch to 'ru' one more time, but then it will be stuck in 'us' as before.

Another interesting moment is if I do "setxkbmap -print" after X starts, but before issuing any other stxkbmap commands, I can see that grp:menu_switch option is active, even though it does not work.

I am running unstable, kernel 2.6.2, XFree86 4.3.0. My keyboard is usb ms natural pro.

Here is a snippet from my XFree86 log:

$ egrep -i "(xkb)|(keyb)" /var/log/XFree86.0.log
(**) |-->Input Device "Generic Keyboard"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "microsoftpro"
(**) XKB: model: "microsoftpro"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us,ru(winkeys)"
(**) XKB: layout: "us,ru(winkeys)"
(**) Option "XkbVariant" "winkeys"
(**) XKB: variant: "winkeys"
(**) Option "XkbOptions" "grp:menu_switch"
(**) XKB: options: "grp:menu_switch"
(==) Keyboard: CustomKeycode disabled
(II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
(II) Keyboard "Generic Keyboard" handled by legacy driver

Any ideas why is xkb misbehaving?

Kind regards,
Kirill