Re: Re: installing woody using siig ultra ata/133 pci card

>> Maybe the SIIG isn't even compatible with linux?
>> Is there a boot floppy out there that I can use to get the >>installation going?
>> How can I get the debian installation to see the Seagate?
>>
>> Jim
>
>Did you try fdisk the first thing after you booted the CD?

No, the installation doesn't see the drive and says something like (paraphrasing) "Since there is no hard drive you must be trying to install from a network. Please configure your network settings to continue" Usually I would get a prompt to create a swap partition then a prompt to create a root filesystem.

I've been reading many differing opinions about this. Some say the kernel should detect the drive, others say I need to install knoppix then do a dist-upgrade to linux. I'm confused. Should the bf2.4 image work and if not does anyone know where I can get a boot image that will work?

Thanks!

Jim