Re: Old hdd and cdrom errors at bootup

Deboo,
  This is normal behavior. You have the secondary IDE controller enabled
in your BIOS.

  Linux is probing to find out what drive(s) are on your secondary IDE
controller. Since there are none, the IRQ probe fails.

  If you do not want these errors, simply disable the secondary IDE in
your BIOS.  You can also safely leave it enabled. It just slows the boot
process down a bit.

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com