Re: DVD Copying and CSS

On Saturday 21 February 2004 11:29 pm, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 11:10:35PM -0500, Jeff Elkins wrote:
>> On Saturday 21 February 2004 10:34 pm, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

<snip>
>Sorry Bijan,
>
>You didn't mention piracy, I was just disgusted with the court
>ruling against
>321 studios.
>
>I use dvdbackup to rip dvds that are <= 4.X gig in size...otherwise
>I use
>321's software to rip them. I'd rather use a linux tool to rip
>dual-density
>DVDs, but 321 compresses dual-density DVDs, so they fit on a
>standard DVD. In
>any case, I burn with linux, using standard tools.

It looks like 321 studios will have an uphill battle, I just hope
that Fair use is not over looked.  I think that the movie studios
would love nothing more than to get rid of fair use.  Its also
intresting that the movie industry still makes a very good profit,
despite what they say.

Rthoreau